I have the brain of a ten year old. Even though our car is named Perry after Perry Mason (whom I love) I still can't resist homage to a certain platypus and am compelled to say, "Hey, where's Perry?" everytime I go into the parking lot. And guess what I say when I find him? Is it, "Oh there you are Perry?" Yes, yes it is.
We are almost, almost unpacked. If I could manage to stop distracting myself with making dinner and playing yahtzee then I would be done. But where is the fun in that? Since we are unpacking and exploring we are trying to figure out what spices, canned goods, etc are here. So if anyone wants any canned beans, come on over. All the cans remind me of the old Houston hurricane box days (I would only eat canned veggies in the event of a major disaster). We also found some kind of food storage pasta pack that says it has a shelf life of 30 years. However, there is no packed on date but since the mission is only 18 years old we figure we're good for another 12 or so.
Since I am so distractable, I had to quit unpacking and upload the 2010 New Mission President's Seminar that the former president left. The Church sent us the 2011 when we were called and we just attended 2012 so I wanted to see how 2010 was. Great, of course. It's amazing how calming it is to listen to, like General Conference, only funnier.
We haven't seen much of El Presidente this week. He is interviewing all the missionaries before transfers. It makes for very long days (7 a.m. to 9 p.m. not including travel or if he runs over). He comes home exhausted but so glad for the opportunity to meet them. I need to collar him and get my calendar co-ordinated. He keeps randomly mentioning things like, "we've been asked to speak somewhere sometime," but I need details :)
Tomorrow night is date night so I am picking him up after and we will go to dinner. Saturday is our P-day and we are trying to find a good activity. Maybe we'll check out the neighborhood pool or go on hike. It's southern California, I'm sure there must be something we could do.
We LOVE Phineas and Ferb! I hope that show isn't just for 10-year-olds, because I think I like it better than most kids! Hope you have a fabulous date night and P-day!
ReplyDeletePhineas and Ferb are, well, Ferbtastic!
ReplyDelete