Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Goodbye, Hello

Every six weeks missionaries return home and new missionaries arrive (and others are transfered around).  Today is "the day before." 

We have seven missionaries going home tomorrow and six new ones arriving.  This, apparently, involves a lot of food.  What is it with food in this church?  I blame the young women's leaders :) 

Today the returning missionaries attend the temple and then come to the mission home for a good-bye lunch, which thankfully I am not in charge of--hooray for nice people.  Then is the Going Home Training for the Rest of Your Life (no pressure), dinner and testimony meeting.  (I am responsible for that food, I think ramen would be an appropriate last meal but those in the house with dignity voted for taco salad.)

Tomorrow will involve a 5 a.m. airport run, trainer training, a noon airport run, new missionary interviews, lunch somewhere in there and then other complicated things.  Thursday is serious trainer/trainee training. (President Eyring said no saying Greenie--so now you know.  He also said no saying Mission Mom.  I got the feeling he is a precise kind of man).  I am vicariously nervous for the new missionaries, I think it must be so nerve-wracking to arrive in the mission.  Eek!

But best of all, after the new missionaries are safely with their companions we will have dinner with the Lebers!  Perfect timing, too since they will be here in-between chaos.  The kids are so excited (and the adults are too).  They are plotting to show the Lebers the neighborhood and take pizza for a picnic in the "meadow" behind the house. 

Life is crazy but good. 

4 comments:

  1. Are you doing chalupa for your taco salad?

    How fun that the Lebers can come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I think you should totally do ramen! That would be hilarious. "Might as well get used to it, Elders. This is all you're going to eat at college. Along with the occasional box of pasta roni."

    Yay for the Lebers coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been craving taco salad lately! Here are my favorite condiments for Taco Salad (makes it more gourmet than just "normal;" the missionaries will think you're AWESOME, which they probably will anyway!).

    Cilantro & Lime Dressing (blend ingredients in blender until smooth)
    2 cups Ranch Dressing
    1/2 cup cilantro
    1 sprig green onion
    2 limes, juiced
    Salt and pepper, to taste
    1/2 cup salsa

    My FAVORITE salsa is The Pioneer Woman's Restaurant-Style Salsa, an easy but flavorful blender recipe! Seriously DELICIOUS! http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/01/restaurant-style-salsa/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that you get to see the amazing Lebers. Some sanity in all the craziness! Reading about your adventures makes me tired!

    ReplyDelete