Our neighborhood has a tennis court, so for family P-day we decided to check it out. It was really fun. It's nice to have an activity that the whole family is on the same level--including Matthew. In other words, we are terrible, terrible tennis players.
However, we never let our competence (or lack thereof) interfere with our fun! We smacked the balls over, into and around the net. At one point we had more over the side fences than on the court. We played 3 on 2 and still couldn't keep the ball in play. We had so much fun. It was hilarious. We laughed and ran and tried to act like we knew what we were doing when people walked by. (I don't think they were fooled.) I'm not even sure we even know the rules. I should know the rules, I actually took a tennis clss at BYU. Did you know if you flunk the physical tests and get A's on the written tests you can still pass with a C? The kids are plotting to get up early tomorrow to go play again.
So don't look for us at the US Open anytime soon, but maybe after three years we can actually play a game. But don't hold your breath...

I wonder if there is an online quickstart tennis guide? I love the techniques I've learned from quickstart tennis. As my coach says, "Push and point. Push and point!"
ReplyDeleteI signed the kids up for a week of tennis lessons in May. Now after one week the kids are better at tennis than I am. Love the blog to see what you guys are up to.
ReplyDelete