Friday, May 9, 2014

You have to Promise not to Wig Out

I am about to post something that will make some people extremely happy.  It may make more people extremely something else.  I shall explain.

First, the rules--missionaries are not supposed to use the video settings on their cameras.  I suppose this is because they are a. not tourists b. as representatives of the Church, we don't need a Missionaries doing Dumb Things youtube channel. Or  Missionaries Teaching or whatever. There are also privacy issues with people we teach, etc, etc. The short answer is you need to have your President's approval to film.

Second, the background--I kept the San Fernando and El Camino zones after zone conference to sing their musical number again.  So I could film it for Mother's Day.  I don't know why, or for whom but I felt impressed that I should.  El Presidente gave the OK and he did the filming (I can't hold a camera steady to save my life).

Third, the apology-There are 9 zones in this mission.  Only two zones are highlighted here.  I am worried that this will hurt some feelings of the other 7 zones of parents. Even if your missionary is in the video, you may not be able to see them well (or at all). The musical numbers in their conferences have been outstanding.  I wish you all could hear them all.  I really do.  But we won't be recording them, they are bringing the Spirit to the meeting in an amazing way.  It isn't a talent demonstration--it's worship.

Fourth, the summation: We love the missionaries of The Great California San Fernando Mission!  All of them!  If your missionary is not in the video, please remember that these missionaries represent all missionaries all over the world.  Please don't ask your missionary to film themselves. Ask them to tell you what they are doing, what they are learning, how they have grown.

Fifth, and most importantly, HAPPY MOTHER'S and FATHER'S DAY  Your missionaries are SO excited to skype/talk with you this weekend.  They love you SO MUCH! And we are grateful to all the Mothers and Fathers of our missionaries.



2 comments:

  1. I love worship through music. Our elder sang a French hymn to us as part of our Mother's Day skype. The Spirit was powerfully present, even though we understood very few of the words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only one I recognized was Elder Linford...He was Elder Bowman's companion in the MTC :) Beautiful music sung with testimonies will always pierce the heart. Thank you for sharing this. :)

    ReplyDelete