Sunday, September 2, 2012

School, California Style

School has started and boy howdy it is complicated.  We had already determined that California has, well, issues, but good grief.  School started on the 16th of August and they are still messing about with Thomas's schedule. 

The bus system is the city bus and there is a bus stop at the bottom of our hill--Yay! HOWEVER, it doens't go to the high school we are supposed to go to, it goes to a different high school.  I realize that doesn't make sense and I am sure there must have been a reason sometime.  When I called the bus company they didn't know either. 

So I drive Rebecca to the other bus stop (the one a mile and a half from the house) so she can take the bus, which keeps me out of drop-off/pick-up traffic so I can get Matthew to school on time.  Thomas is coming from seminary which is another complication but there is a carpool schedule (don't you love organized people who make up a schedule and hand it to you? I do).

The upshot is that I spend almost two hours a day in the car pondering all the things I should be doing instead of battling the logic that is the school districts. (Yes, districts, elementary has its own district, which would be fine except their calendar doesn't exactly match the jr/high calendar. )  I'm thinking home school is probably out...

3 comments: