Sunday, August 19, 2012

Mice!

Okay, okay, not mice.  Mouse!  To be specific, Mickey Mouse!  And Rebecca's mouse ears.

The biggest advantage to having your college sibling home is that she can drive you to Disneyland!

Katie and the kids wanted one last adventure, and to be fair, the Cars Land billboards are everywhere mocking them.  So the day before Matthew started 2nd grade they hopped on the freeway and, two hours later, hopped off at Disneyland.  Ken was at a Spanish zone conference and I was home working on revising the new missionary notebook.  Though actually I was home obsessively tracking my old phone (Katie's new phone) to see where the kids (and my car) were.

They made it to Anaheim, and like everyone else wanted to goto Cars Land.  They waited in a long, long line for fast passes only to find out that the fast passes were already for 10:30 pm.    Since they had to be home by 10 (school night, hee hee) they ditched that idea and waited for almost two hours in the actual line.  They had a great time.

They had fun hanging out together, riding the rides and eating frozen lemonade.  Unfortunately, it was really hot and Becky wasn't feeling very well.  But they had fun, had and adventure and survived 4 hours of LA traffic (in my car--did I mention they were in my car? My non-scratched, non-wrecked car?  Katie drove like a pro--and because she wasn't tailgating had enough time to stop--unlike the the car two behind her that rear-ended the car behind her.  Whew)

The kids determined that Disneyland felt more like home than the house did...We're hoping to get permission to go as a family sometime during the mission (it is out of the boundaries so Ken and I have to live vicariously). 

I'm glad they got to have an adventure.  Although Katie reports that being the one in charge was a lot more stressful than she had anticipated.  :)

2 comments:

  1. What an adventure! And I am glad your car survived. Will it survive all three years of Calif traffic?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was brave of Katie to drive and to 'drive'... (in charge!) I don't think I would have done it! But certain things are worth it, aren't they!

    ReplyDelete