Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Harry Logic

Fifteen years ago (Yikes!) When my children were draining my brain cells at an alarming rate, I would work logic puzzles to counteract Barney and The Teletubbies.  At some point, I decided to write one (or five), and since we were in the midst of Harry Potter, I roped J. K. Rowling's characters into service, and Stephanie Black into writing the story.  I'm not sure other people write logic puzzles as fan fiction, but why not?

Snack Attack is elementary school level.  The others are not.  I have this vague memory that April Fools may require felix felicis. So in order of difficulty (I think) it is Snack Attack, Owl Mail, Gilderoy's Valenines, Leapin' Leprechauns, and April Fools.

In the words of Hermione, "This isn't magic--it's logic puzzle. A lot of the greatest wizards haven't got an ounce of logic, they'd be stuck in here forever." (Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, JK Rowling, pg 207)

 If you are unfamiliar with this type of puzzle, here is a most excellent resource. Logic Puzzle Resource

If you are unfamiliar with Harry Potter, then get with the program and get to the bookstore.





No comments:

Post a Comment