Hooray! The cousins came for Thanksgiving. Stephanie and Brian, et al (ok not all al, Amy and Shauna partied in St George) came down from the north to celebrate with us. It was so much fun to have them here.
We did touristy things, cooked a billion calories worth of food and laughed until our faces hurt. Literally hurt. The laugh-fests included, but are not limited to, reading out loud the rejected Breaking Dawn screenplay (we read them all, tears running down our cheeks), watching the family favorite Clue, and our own great wittiness. A good time was had by all. Or at least most of us, Ken had some crises pop up and so spent most of Thanksgiving bashing his head against the wall.
Since we watched Clue, of course we had to play Clue. We have Master Detective Clue which has more rooms and suspects and so we busted out the notebooks and began accusing. Unlike the standard Clue game, Master Detective Clue gives you a whole sheet of paper so you can take notes as well as make check marks. I never know what notes I am supposed to be taking--I'm more of a kamikaze player. Rebecca take detailed notes and always solves it more quickly. Stephanie, who has written five mystery/suspense novels was fiendishly writing. Are you curious what kind of notes a mystery writer takes? I was. So in true criminal fashion I stole her notes and present them to you.
2:56 pm
Someone here is a killer...it is giving me the creeps. What evil lurks behind these friendly smiles? I am starting to suspect that the killer is ________________ (trails off to blood/ink spatters)
3:04 pm
Tempers are rising. The tension and uncertainty are affecting all of us. I don't know how long we can endure this before someone cracks under the pressure.
3:09 pm
Matthew looks so innocent with his large blue eyes. What better disguise for a murderer? Or is he as innocent as he seems? I hate how this murder makes me suspect everyone of this most heinous crime! Oh the angst!
3:14 pm
I am growing increasingly suspicious of Rebecca. Her brilliant, devious mind and innocent smile could conceal an evil genius. But did she harbor a grudge against Mr. Body?
So there you have it. While the rest of us were trying to roll the dice into the conservatory, Stephanie was watching us for clues. For the record, Mrs Peacock did it in the trophy room, with the lead pipe. (Leading Matthew/Mr Green to say, "I told you I didn't do it!")
This Clue game cracks me up!
ReplyDeleteThat is so awesome! Way to roleplay, Stephanie! =)
ReplyDelete:) Well, I wasn't paying close enough attention to write any REAL clues on my notes.
ReplyDeleteWe had so much fun visiting with Di and family!