Sunday, June 17, 2012

Whooping it Up--McConkie Style

Since receiving our call to California, Katie had to decide when to start BYU.  She opted for summer which enabled us to get her settled and see her dorm room.  Also carry her boxes.

Before abandoning Katie to the wilds of Provo, we had a McFamily party with the aunts, uncles and cousins.  I wanted Katie to see she has a billion relatives locally that would be happy to look out for her.  So we partied. Never let it be said that McConkie's don't know how to party. (Well, they don't, really, but they're all bigger than I am so don't say it)

And by partied, I mean we ate--always food-- and then my parents reported on their mission to Portugal. Yes, when my family parties it is actually a fireside complete with scriptures.  But no singing--you really don't want to hear some of us sing. Is this the greatest family or what? We may not know how to play Twister but we sure know how to have a truly delightful evening. Plus cake!

My parents served in the Centers for Young Adults in Porto, Portugal teaching the gospel by word and example and trying to get everyone married off.  Yes, they were called to party for 18 months (and if you'll note the family definition of party you will see they had to learn some new skillz--like actually partying.  I wonder if they can play Twister?) So I guess they do know how to party now.

After the wild McParty (I think we stayed up til 9:30!) the next day was freshman orientation.  So Miss Katie headed off to be a grown-up and the rest of us headed off to be kids with miniature golf and ran around campus.  Rebecca is ready to move into the library and Matthew had way too much fun with the moving shelves.  We played around in the science center and had fun blasting each other with the vortex cannon (seriously, we need a vortex cannon in our house). We met back together for the official dorm room move in and dinner and then back to St George--minus Katie.  sniff

Vortex Cannon Fun
Blacklight Mini-Golf
Magical Moving Shelves
Rebecca is ready to move into the HBLL
Bye to Katie



If you stop in Beaver, you sit on the Chair

2 comments:

  1. Where do you go to play blacklight mini golf?

    (Hope you don't mind me cyberlurking on your blog.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cyberlurk all you want! It is that Trafalga Fun Center place, which I never got around to when I lived in Provo. It was fun and air-conditioned.

    ReplyDelete